So Carter, being the sweetheart that he is, put together and sent a package for me for my graduation. I am always thrilled with anything he ever sends because I think it is so sweet of him to think of me and spend his survival money to make sure I have nice things from him on special occasions. It was so perfect that I actually received it the DAY of my graduation. I opened the package and inside was a poncho that had been knitted by a woman he knew in Africa where he is serving. Even though I've actually never considered wearing a poncho, I was ecstatic to have this one that meant so much to me because it was from Carter and I'm sure he paid the lady a good amount of money to have her make it. I wanted him to know how appreciative I was that he had taken the effort to make and send it to me, so I tried to doll it up and make it look like I would actually consider wearing it in public, (not because it isn't nice, it is, just because, I guess poncho's just really aren't my style.) I put on some red heels that matched it and practiced some poses in the mirror for a few minutes to make it look like poncho wearing is as natural as can be. Then I made my sister take a few snap shots of me to send to him. He received the pictures and told me how glad he was that I had received it and how it looked so nice on me!
.jpg)
WELL........I just found out that the day he received the pictures, he wrote his mom saying this: "Okay I am laughing my head off right now! Please don't tell Jord, but that poncho was actually supposed to be a SKIRT! But she is wearing it as a poncho! The lady must have made it way too small."
Let me tell you all something........I couldn't even fit one leg into that "SKIRT" if I wanted to. He must have some dang high expectations. Can I add "drop 18 dress sizes" to my list of things to do before Carter gets home? Cause I think I just did!
9 comments:
Jord, I think that is really cute as a poncho. Really it was supposed to be a skirt? That's funny. I actually thought it looks way cute with those shoes too!
How thoughtful of Carter to send you that! Maybe those people in Africa are dang skinny or something... Funny post!
P.S. Your blog is so stinkin' cute!
You are so cute Jord and you make me laugh!! I can't wait for Carter to come home to you. He's so lucky to have you!!
So cute Jordan. Your post made me laugh. I could just imagine Carter laughing at the pictures. I would have thought a poncho too. Don't worry about loosing too much weight, you are darling the way you are!
hahaha that is so funny!! What a cute boy!! You look darling in it though!!
Wow I think I laugh for about 5 min. becuase of this. I like the skirt as a poncho. I really like your blog and I love reading stuff that you put about you and Carter, but yes yes CUTE blog!
Ha ha I love it! It's dorable as a poncho... I don't even like that style either but it looks great on you! :-)
Jord!! Jord!! You are the cutest!! That is a really funny story. But I agree that it is cute as a poncho, you look really cute in it. O- and you do not need to loose weight you are so so skinny!! Love ya
That is such a funny story!! I love it! :) I bet you are getting so stinkin' excited for him to come home!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!
Post a Comment